Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don't be hatin'


I tried so very hard NOT to to Starbucks today.

And yet here I am, sipping my insanely expensive pumpkin latte that is too hot for the day, listening to hip music.

I'M SORRY.

Here's what happened: I had all of these excited independent coffee shops mapped out to try today in Columbia Heights, but I had to go to the post office in the opposite direction. By the time I got there, I felt sick (worst cold ever), hot, tired, and starbucks was right there. Like a glowing haven of air conditioning and free wifi. What's a girl to do?

I ask for your forgiveness. Nay, I beg.

Anyhoos. I made this little delight of a carnelian ring today which I'm quite smitten with. I love a good oxidized look, and can't seem to stop doing it to anything I make! I also half-made a hilarious ring out of a big amethyst geode chunk, and in a cold-medicine induced haze, stamped the words "Love-Scream-Dance-Eat-Be" all separated with hearts. I guess I was on a verb rampage. We'll see how that turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment