Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Love/Hate

Here's my latet post from 2 Modern:

During my routine internet sleuthing, I stumbled upon this website, and couldn't believe I had never heard of it before. I have always wondered how independent designers make things out of laser cut acrylic, wood, and metals, and now I know! Ponoko! I've spent all day long attempting to learn Illustrator, making more designs than can fit on my computer, slamming shut my laptop and storming out of the room. Let me tell you, it's been a roller coaster of a day. I seem to be having issues uploading an image, but maybe you'll have better luck!

It's based out of New Zealand, and is sort of like an Etsy, only you send them designs and they use their magical laser machines to cut them out, and then you can sell your products on their website too. Or anywhere you want, really. There are some really neat things on it! Take a look, let me know how successful you are!

Pocono1

Pokono2

No comments:

Post a Comment