Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pedal into my heart


I like bikes. I know, everyone does. Who doesn't like a bike? I'm different, because I don't like riding bikes. Actually, I'm sure there are lots of people who are like that too. I bought an adorable yellow old 60's one speed bike from a flea market once. I tried to ride it down my driveway and got too tired to ride back up. Needless to say, it hasn't made it to Boston yet. Sometimes I fantasize about riding it to a bakery in a red and white polka dot dress, a big straw hat on, and coming home with a baguette and some muffins in an equally adorable basket.

Obviously hasn't/will never happen.

so, instead I made the necklace pictured above. It is the sister necklace to this:

Which followed the original:


And that's the evolution of the bike.

2 comments:

  1. I too have a bike-baguette-dotted-dress fantasy! There's this vintage bike place by my house, and I found my dream bike...red with streamers and a basket. Someday I'll take 'er home!

    I mean, if I don't die. If I can learn how to ride a bike in the city...

    ReplyDelete
  2. im scared of bikes in cities!! but you should do it. a basket! i bet you could even put a little puppy in it!

    ReplyDelete