Saturday, August 29, 2009

So hip.


In the past couple of weeks, I've discovered two very cool places.

1) Drink. It's probably the coolest bar I have ever/will ever go to. It is located in the hip Fort Point area by the Children's Museum. Three u-shaped bars have 2 or 3 extremely accomplished bar tenders making you complicated, old fashioned, and very authentic drinks right in front of you. They muddle the cucumber, infuse the sugar cubes with bitters, chip ice off of giant blocks. Really. The coolest place ever.

Plus, we made friends with a guy named John Mayor. His brother's name is Dave Matthew Mayor. Funny.


2) If you need a haircut, go to Shag. I went with my pal Daniela, and she was under the impression that it was in the South End. After following her gps system all over the city, we ended up in an area that resembled that of Gone. Baby, Gone. And it was!! We were in South Boston. The bar across the street from the salon was the one in the movie, Murphey's Law. It was thrilling.

The salon was awesome, and pretty cheap for a hair cut. I didn't get one, I just sat in a delightful chair, sipping a free mimosa, watching Daniela get life-altering bangs. She looks great. Think Manny from Degrassi.

So, go to those places. The end.

Bar images via Boston.com and bizbash. Shag via Shagboston.com

2 comments:

  1. I used to get my hair cut at Shag! My stylist is the one who convinced me to finally start watching LOST. Also, the Patriots get their hair cut there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get out of town! i felt famous just sitting there. not even getting a haircut.

    ReplyDelete