Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer Tip #1 (and a long winded story about the hottest I've ever been)


Allow me to explain my horrendous appearance in this picture. It is from the summer after college, a couple of years ago, when me, Ben, and our friend Steve went on an epic summer long road trip. Here we are at Salvation Mountain in California, where it was by far the hottest, sweatiest, and most uncomfortable I've ever been. I literally thought I was going to die. Silly, I know, but it was HOT with NO shade anywhere. If you're not familiar with Salvation Mountain, check out my old photo blog. And google it.

Anyway, the guy in the white hair kneeling on the right is this man named Leonard who built Salvation Mountain (which you will recognize from the movie Into the Wild.) The guy lying on the ground between me and Steve was a passerby who got a flat tire and asked us to help, right before lying down and saying he thought he was having a heart attack. He later told Ben he had pretty eyes and nice teeth.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I wanted lead into my "tips for keeping cool" series with a fun story about the hottest I ever was. Continuing:

Tomorrow is going to be 90 degrees, and since we don't have AC in this house (yet, I hope) I think I'll start posting little tips for keeping cool! Drum roll please....

When I was ailing from a severe cold, my loving mum brought me this bubble bath. Even though I'm healthy as a daisy, I still use it for baths. Mostly because I don't have anything else, but after taking a bath tonight, I realized my body was pleasantly chilled from the eucalyptus and menthol in the ingredients! Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment