Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some pictures.

Well, gang, today I had a breakthrough.

I think I became friends with the grumpy post office man.

First let me start off by saying that I explained this entire story, gesticulations and all, in a video, which ended up not recording. It was terrible. Just terrible.

The long and the short of it is that I went to the post office today, and in front of me was this dopey guy with his pants almost at his knees, and he did not have his shit together, and left his money in the car, didn't understand what was happening, yada yada. I'm sure he was very nice, and I didn't really think he was that much of a dummy, but when I was up next and the formerly grumpy guy was saying how that guy needed "a belt and something in his head" and kept asking if I agreed, obviously I would nod! It was grand. We had about a 1 minute back and forth about how he needed to hike up his pants. And THEN he said how helpful it was that I was so organized!

SUCCESS.

Let me tell you, he was a hard nut to crack.

Anyway, here are some pictures. So you don't get bored.


Hey, brother! Thats my big brother. He was kind enough to come in from Boston to help me out. The craft fair was pretty slow, but we had fun. I think. 


Also I think it's time I invest in an actual display, instead of cutting up pieces of paper and spray painting foam core the night before. People expected the jewelry to be made out of toothpicks or something, not silver and gold!! 

Some words of wisdom for your craft fairs:

Make sure you speak loudly! The worst thing is saying HELLO to a customer and not having them hear you. Plus, don't mumble. I'm afraid I've become a mumbler. And a low talker. Bad combination.

Have a display that reflects your work!! I looked like a tag sale compared to the other jewelers, who had these amazing displays with little LED lights inside the box displays and everything matched. Sigh. So long, watermelon themed crushed velvet table cloth. So long duct taped easel. 

I was next to my all time favorite vendor though, Fuzz.E.Food. How amazing are these felted creations??

Alright, that's all for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment